Beat the Heat & Keep your Cool With Ayurvedic Wisdom
Caring for Body & Soul During Pitta Season June 23rd, Sunday: 1-4 p.m.
Ayurveda is the ancient healing science and wisdom from India. “Ayur” means life and “veda” means wisdom. Ayurveda is a path to understanding your unique body, mind, and spirit and how to live in harmony with yourself and your environment. Through daily and seasonal routines, it utilizes the wisdom and properties of the 5 elements, 3 bodily humors (Vata, Pita, Kapha), and 5 senses as gateways to healing. Ayurveda is an umbrella healing system & respects many modalities as medicine including: yoga, movement, bodywork, food, herbs, aromatherapy, psychotherapy, relationships, cleansing, rejuvenation, living space—the list goes on.
Join us for this workshop to gain:
- An introduction to Ayurveda and basic concepts
- How elemental qualities relate to and influence health
- Why Summer is known as Pitta Season
- Understanding of common Pitta health symptoms
- Learn what type of diet & sensory inputs will influence you in the most beneficial way during Pitta season
- Simple routines you can implement now to increase wellness
Desiree Moores CAS, RYT 500, MOTR/L, LMT
Initially a pre-Med student, Desiree opted out of med school after feeling the ill-health effects of college stress. Desiree set out to seek the wisdom of true healing and wellness. She discovered Ayurveda and has since graduated from the California College of Ayurveda and Alandi Ayurveda Gurukulam. In addition she utilizes Yoga, Jyotish-Vedic Astrology, Vastu, Massage Therapy, CST and Occupational Therapy for a full range of healing modalities. Desiree aims to help others align with their true nature and path to healing and wellness.